Summit on Leadership Development 2013
Saturday, February 9, 2013 | 9:00am-2:30pm | Fontbonne University
8:30am-9:00am – Registration/Check-in (Dunham Student Activity Center)
9:00am-9:10am – Welcome (Dunham Student Activity Center)
9:10am-10:40am – Keynote (Dunham Student Activity Center)
10:50am-11:40am – Breakout Session #1 (various classrooms)
11:50am-12:35pm – Lunch (Dunham Student Activity Center)
12:45pm-1:35pm – Breakout Session #2 (various classrooms)
1:45pm-2:30pm – Closing (Dunham Student Activity Center)
Parking is available for free for all SOLD delegates on the Fontbonne campus. Directions to campus and information on parking can be found online.
All activities will take place in the Dunham Student Activity Center (building #3 on this map)
The keynote speaker for SOLD 2013 will be MICHAEL MILLER!
Michael Miller is a leadership trainer and consultant seeking to help others be their best and get what they want out of their work and life by getting them to think differently about themselves.
WHAT’S UNIQUE ABOUT MICHAEL?
Energy and stamina--from start to finish. Bold but polite. Loud but loving. In your face, but mannerly. Challenging, caring, concerned, connected. Not “canned” but tailored. High energy, fun, enthusiastic prepared. Positive, easy, helpful. Doesn’t have or give all the answers – we find them together.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM MICHAEL
Michael is passionate and bold . . . and he won’t let go of you until you learn the ways to get what you want out of your time, life and work. Michael hones in on the single most important factor when it comes to getting it done – getting started – since that’s usually what we most need to carry through on something. Michael offers you real motivation to stay positive, live well and be your best!
Again this year, we are able to offer a tremendous lineup of breakout sessions. Categorized as Self Awareness, Organizational Development or Transitional Leadership, the full description & location of each session will be available in the conference program book provided upon arrival. Here's a list of the titles in each session:
Session 1 (10:50am-11:40am)
- Leading into Leadership
- Leverage World-class Competencies and Behaviors to Develop a Personal Leadership Brand
- Conflict is about Attitude
- Building an Effective Team
- Leadership Lessons Learned Through Reality TV
- Reel 'Em In: Creative Marketing Techniques
- #alldayeveryday: Developing self esteem, self confidence and self motivation
- Hitting a Leadership Homerun: Using Sport Psychology Theory to Improve Motivation, Confidence, and Effectiveness
- Strategic non-verbal communication: Helpful tips to create a cooperative environment
- What is Good Leadership?
- The Headband Experiment: Understanding Others
Session 2 (12:45pm-1:35pm)
- Leaders Create Motivational Environments in Organizations
- Improving Status Quo: Moving Beyond “That’s How We Did It Last Year”
- Masculity and what it means to you
- Advocating Abled-Disabled Diversity
- Leadership Difference with Generation Gap
- Why be involved
- Life After Graduation
- Building Personal & Professional Equity
- Recruiting and Building an Effective Student Organization Team
- Conflict Management and Resolution
- Empowerment Through the Green Dot Strategy
For last-minute registration, please contact Janelle Densberger @ JDensberger@Fontbonne.edu.
If you have questions or need assistance related to SOLD, please contact one of the SOLD committee members: